How do I buy?
How long does it take?
Buying a home with us takes about 12 weeks.
Before you consider buying a home, we advise you to seek the help of an Independent Financial Advisor (IFA).
Buying an affordable home through hello homes can take about 12 weeks. The following list covers the main stages you will go through buying a home with us.
- Choose your home from the selection on our website
- Complete an application form with Help to Buy Midlands - they will check your affordability and eligibility - and then forward the form to us
- Complete the online application form online
- Discuss your mortgage options with a financial/mortgage advisor
- We will then assess you further and contact you to reserve the property - you may have to pay a reservation fee
- Instruct a solicitor to carry out the legal work
- Ask your mortgage lender to arrange a valuation, and organise a survey to check the price is fair and the house is not hiding any nasty surprises such as damp or subsidence
- Arrange any necessary insurance
- Finalise your mortgage offer with your lender
- Exchange contracts and pay any deposits
- Organise your move
- Pick up your keys on completion day
- Move in and enjoy your new home