Sell your existing Shared Ownership Home
As a commitment to our existing shared owners, we can help you throughout the sale of your property.
As part of your lease you are required to allow us eight weeks to introduce a buyer to your property.
What we will do for you
On receiving your instructions to market your property, we can offer you the following as part of our resale service:
- Organise your Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) - the formal document required prior to your property being marketed (you may not require one of these if your property is less than 10 years old)
- Produce colour property details
- Internet advertising on our website, Zoopla, and the Help to Buy Midlands website
- Details of your property posted on our Facebook and Twitter pages
- An eye-catching For Sale board outside your property
- Regular email campaigns and mail-outs of your property details to registered applicants looking in your area
- Regular contact from a dedicated team member who will organise your viewing appointments, negotiate offers received, and progress your sale through to a successful completion
What it will cost
Our simple fee structure will help you budget your move:
Your EPC costs £60, and payment is required upfront.
Our sale fee is £750, payable on completion of your sale. This is payable if we successfully introduce a buyer to you while we are solely marketing your property.
After eight weeks
We can of course continue to market your property once the initial eight week period has expired, offering the same great service for the same fee. However, should you decide to cease marketing with us following the initial period, a charge of £150 will be payable in respect of our administration costs on completion of the sale.
Should you decide to use an estate agent you will be responsible for their commission. You will also be responsible for ensuring the agent is in regular contact with us to ensure their procedures are in line with the terms of your shared ownership lease. We will not be involved in organising your viewings or negotiating offers for you should you give us notice to withdraw from the sole agency agreement.
Once an offer has been accepted, our approval to your buyer must be confirmed. We will then remove your property from all websites and the For Sale board from the property itself.
What you need to do now
Request a free no obligation valuation from a local estate agent so you can establish what price you wish to market your percentage share for. You must send us a copy of the valuation to support your marketing price.
Ask us to send you a Resale Pack.
Complete and return all the required forms to us, including the Property Information Form and the Agency Agreement detailing our services, fees, and Terms & Conditions. Remember to sign and return both copies of the agreement where indicated.
Refer to the 'Top Tips for Great Pictures' leaflet in the Resale Pack, and then email pictures of your property (6 maximum, including a front shot) to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you decide not to go ahead
Should your circumstances change and you decide to withdraw your property from sale, you should let us know in writing. we apply a no sale, no fee policy so there is no charge for withdrawing.